We adopt honesty reliability and stability as a principle, we act with motto of “sell the only product that you want it to be on your table to both local and global customers” (CSR Policy, article 5)
Our objective with food safety chain from farm to fork is to produce quality and safe foods for our customers in all geographies that we operate. The basis of our management system is based on this purpose .
Starting from the procurement of row material, at every stage of food chain such as preparation, processing, manufacturing, packaging, storage and transportation hazard analysis are made, critical control points are identified and any problem that may arise at these point is avoided without yet occurred by our expert staff, in our latest technology equipped facilities. Sustainability of the system, suitability of international quality standards and production of safe food are enabled. The system is improved constantly according to the technological developments, international standards .
The standards, we have integrated to our business standards and made a life philosophy, by the requirement of ISO 9000 Quality Management, ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System, FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System, we committed to provid healthy, nutritious and safety food to the world cuisine and aim to meet the customer expectations effectively and keep their satisfaction at the highest level with adequate facilities, experience and competent staff.
We started the journey with the ISO 9000 QMS, and crown the food safety system by adding a chain ring with FSSC 22000 FSMS which is upgraded version of the ISO 22000 FSMS.
Other quality certificates that supporting the food safety of our Group companies are;
- ISO 10002 Customer Satisfaction Management System: ISO 10002 provides guidance to the organization on the process of complaints handling related to customer satisfaction.
- IP (NON GMO) Certificate: It certifies that substances used in the production and the product is GMO-free.
- Kosher Certification: Kosher Certificate is a document that registered products are produce in accordance to Jewish faith. Production is checked at every stage of production and materials used in operation even equipment is confirmed by Jewish belief. Kosher mean is ‘suitable’ in Hebrew.
- For Non-meat products to be named as kosher, it is required to be hygienic and should not contain materials or process steps that not meet Jewish faith.
- Halal Food Certification: Halal Food Certificate proofs that products are lawful in terms of faith, hygienic in terms of healt, sufficient and necessary in terms of nutrition, and eliminates question marks and arise conscious of customers. The Halal product means that the product is obtained from appropriate cultivated plants and the final product does not contain harmful or forbidden excipients or preservatives .
- Sunar Group adopting carrying out studies on food safety of sustainability, apprising consumers and developing in the lights of their feedback, as a principle for 40 years of expertise in the production of safe food, shows of sensitivity in their legal practices. Sunar Group complies with the Turkish Food Codex Regulation that is enacted in order to protect to the public’s health and consumer and the manufacturer interests, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) for hygienic and safe food, and fulfills the procedure of ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System.
It is important to renew some of our basic safe food knowledge and leave safer food sources to future generations hence leave a safer world.
Food safety refers to the conditions and practices that preserve the quality of food to prevent contamination and food-borne illnesses. Food hazards occur at any stage of the food chain, so it is important to carry out effective control throughout the food chain. Thus, food safety is a phenomenon that is contributed by every unit of food chain. It is a system circle that is comprises food processing, preparation, storage and offering to the consumers. Safe food is a purged of all kind of corruption and adjusted according to the state of the factors that caused the contamination. (Source, Adnan Menderes University, Academic Press, FSMS ISO 22000 Standard)
Foodborne disease poses danger on human health; especially children, the elderly and pregnant. World health organization (WHO) describes as food safety is common health problems and one of the important reasons that reduced the economic efficiency. If food safety programs are practiced these hazards will be minimized.
Hygiene: hygiene word, which covers topics such as health science, health services, preventive medicine. Also mean ensuring necessary conditions and sustaining for the health. The dictionary definition; it is a science that working to protect and improve of people’s health as an individual or society. It implements synthesize of knowledge of nutrition, health and environment. (FSSC 22000 standard Bilkent University, Hygiene of Food Business)
Food Hygiene: The measures taken from the stage of the food chain to serve safe food for consumption, as a mean of determining the food health related disciplines.(FSMS ISO 22000 Standard, The Book of Hygiene for Food Businesses)
Sanitation: it means to making something healthy. It is obtained results of cleaning and disinfection. It encompasses all activities that ensuring cleanliness and hygiene at business. (FSSC 22000 FSMS Standard, The Book of Hygiene for Food Businesses)
Sanitation in Food Industry: It is the establishment and maintenance of hygiene conditions in food production. It is a prevention of germs that can be infected from variety of sources during the packaging of raw food materials, transportation, storage and sales.
Sterilization: It is a killing and purification process for all living microorganisms and viruses. (Hygiene Book for Food Businesses).
Disinfection: Reducing the number of microorganisms in the environment to a level that will not jeopardize food safety or suitability by chemicals and/or physical methods. (FSSC 22000 Food Safety Standard)
Golden rules of World Health Organization for preparing safe food.(WHO)
- Processed foods should be preferred to be safe
- Foods should be well cooked
- Cooked foods should be consumed immediately
- Cooked foods should be stored carefully
- Reheated food temperature must reach at least 70⁰C round the food
- Cooked foods and raw foods should be avoided to contact with each other
- All kitchen surfaces should be kept clean.
- Foods should be protected from insects, rodents and other animals
- Safe water should be used.
**Mentioned documents may or may not belong to all the group companies.